Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Music: The Stress or The Reliever?!?

Being a music major can sometimes become very stressful. We have to take so many classes that pertain to music it can sometimes drive us a little crazy. However, we must not forget to stop and remember why we started playing our instrument or or started singing. We do it because we love it and other musicians in our favorite bands inspired us to start. Here are some examples of my current favorite songs by some of my favorite artists.

Here is the song All the Right Moves by a group called One Republic. I love this song, mostly because I think the music video is awesome, but the lyrics are kind of relieving.



Another song I love is called If I had you by Adam Lambert. It's more of a party song and I find it rather uplifting when I 'm stressed out.


One of my all time favorite songs is called Just the Way You Are by Bruno Mars. It's wonderful and every girl in the world should be told this at some point in her life. I makes me happy.


 Another two of my favorite songs are from Phantom of the Opera.  Basically almost every song from Phantom of the Opera I love, but these two are my favorite. They make my soul sing!!  



We must never forget that just because sometimes the music looks hard and can frustrate us doesn't mean we have to give up and let the stress win. If you feel like giving up, just listen to your favorite song.




6 comments:

  1. Phantom of the Opera is just amazing... I love it so much. Just the Way You Are... I didn't like that song at first, but I think it is starting to grow on me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! I definitely love all the songs you listed! I do agree with you on the point that we should not give up just because of a challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, so, I pretty much LOVE Adam Lambert. Oh, and Phantom of the Opera is one of my favorite musicals ever. We're definitely going to make some mix CD's. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I laughed very hard when reading that you like Bruno Mars song "The Way you are"; seeing as I come into your room just about EVERYDAY singing that song! you KNOW it makes me feel a million times better! I guess me singing this song made you just fall in love with it! you are very welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. I love that Adam Lambert song! It's my favorite. Phantom of the Opera is quite amazing! My playlist has many Phantom of The Opera songs in it. "Just The Way You Are" makes me happy every time I hear it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A thoughtful and thorough entry, Alex--thanks, and thanks for all the links. That Adam Lambert song is definitely a "dance around the room" tune! I'll admit, though, that Phantom's not my favorite--I'm more of a Les Miz girl, myself.

    ReplyDelete