Thursday, November 25, 2010

Family, Turkey, and Pumpkin Pie

                                                      

The traditional family Thanksgiving. Most people have that one person in the family in charge of making dinner and everyone gets together at that persons house. Not in my family. My family is so big we have about 2 or 3 people who host Thanksgiving dinner all at different times on Thanksgiving Day. I have 3 sets of grandparents. Carmen and Rene, Cyndy and Buddy, and Barbara. Barbara usually hosts "dinner" at 11 or 12. Everyone from that side of the family will get together and they all bring a dish. All of the younger siblings, including myself because I'm the cool cousin, run around the house wrestling, playing hide and seek, and bickering. At Carmen and Rene's house we eat dinner at 4 or 5 which is when people usually eat Thanksgiving dinner. It's usually just me, mom, and my sister, and my grandparents. Sometimes my great aunt and uncle show up, but that's on rare occasions. Then we go to Cyndy and Buddy's house. That's when we crack open the desert and the real fun begins. We usually play family feud and go crazy with yelling across the house. It's quite fun, but sometimes it's a little to much to handle. After all the wonderful food and crazy family fun, we all go home and....SLEEP!! Eating is a lot of hard work.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment