Wednesday, November 17, 2010

My Symphony and Everything in Between






The Prelude.
My senior year of high school I was very laid back and never really did anything except volunteer and go to school. It was very boring. I went to school in my pajamas almost everyday and didn't even care. That's right, I didn't care. There was no need to dress up because I slept in half of my classes and changed for dance class.

Movement I: Summer.
Over the summer I started to do more and more things. I started going out with friends more often and stayed out later, but of course with my mom's permission.  :)

Movement II: Move-In Day.
On move-in day I was a little shy, but I think everyone was. It was very chaotic because I didn't know what was going on or who I was suppose to see for this or that. I was afraid that my roommate and I would hate each other and drive one another crazy.

Movement III: New Friends.
My roommate and I get along great and plan on rooming together for the next 4 years. During my first few weeks I was afraid that I wouldn't make any friends, but I've made plenty of crazy people just like me. A few to name, Emily McKibben (my roommate), Mary Fran, Madeline, and Caitlin.

Movement IV: The Journey.
Being at Converse has changed me a lot even though I've only been here for a few months. I've gone out and explored the world as an adult. I've stayed up until all hours of the night doing homework and projects. I've made midnight Krispy Kreme and Wal-Mart runs and a few other unmentionable things. I've done things that I would never do at home and it has all been, so far, a wonderful experience.

The Finale.
For the next 4 years of my life at Converse I plan to study Music Education and eventually become a high school orchestra director. I hope to explore the world a little more and learn lots of new things and have even more wonderful experiences. I hope to make more friends and impact students lives one day like many of my teachers have impacted me.

8 comments:

  1. This is really cool. Your journey gets way awesomer as you move on. Don't be scared of change though. Sometimes alot changes from year to year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you organized this. And I like you. :D I think you're going to do great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the whole movements idea. That's so you! I wish you luck in your plans, and I hope your dreams come true! We're all in this together! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked your final presentation, Alex, and this idea of viewing it as a symphony--just wait until we get to Multi-Movement Forms in Music History class! I'm so happy you've found a group of folks "like you." Just don't make TOO many midnight trips to Krispy Kreme, ok?
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The layout of this really made me smile. :)
    Viewing your life as a symphony really emphasizes how music is a part of who you are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love the layout of this! It makes me smile. I was also nervous and scared of what college would be like, but I'm glad to know that I can and have made friends all over! :)And as for those other "unmentionable" trips...well, let's just say that we won't be seeing any of Tennessee any time soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This layout is wonderful! It made me happy! I was super scared of what college would be like and how I would make it as a music student. I'm glad that we've become friends and I'm glad that there are people here like me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can definately relate to your high school days Alex. I was alot like you! I did tons of volunteer work and that was my life! you will have a great future!

    ReplyDelete